[TW: Rape] List of Comedians defending Tosh - UPDATED
List of Comedians that are being unapologetically dense about this issue:
- Jim Norton (“Why is it okay for an actor to play a rapist, but not for a comic to joke about it?”)
- Louis C.K. (“your show makes me laugh every time I watch it. And you have pretty eyes”)
- Patton Oswalt (“Wow, @danieltosh had to apologize to a self-aggrandizing, idiotic blogger. Hope I never have to do that (again).”)
- Dane Cook (“If you journey through life easily offended by other peoples words I think it’s best for everyone if you just kill yourself”)
- Anthony Jeselnik (“An offended audience member repeating a comedian’s act from memory is worse than, literally, anything”)
- Stevie Ryan (“Daniel Tosh can’t make a rape joke but Eminem can have hit songs about it? PS. AIDS jokes are funnier”)
- Doug Stanhope (“You’re hilarious. If you ever apologize to a heckler again I will rape you. #FuckThatPig”) — wow.
- Opie Radio (“To all the idiots! I completely support Daniel Tosh being a comic in a comedy club! Even if it means rape jokes!”)
- Kumail Nanjiani (“Two things about the Tosh thing. 1. It was said in the moment and not a pre written thing. 2. If you think he’s pro rape you’re an idiot.”) — this one, though. as though it makes it better that it was an off-the-cuff comment. don’t you see how revealing that is about him and his values?
- Sarah Beattie (“calm down about rape jokes everyone’s been raped at least once by george lucas”)
- Doug Benson (“Maybe Daniel Tosh was confused about where he was. He wouldn’t have offended anyone over at the Rape Factory. #ThisTweetWillBeDeletedSoon”)
Just so you have a list and can see how horrible people are all in one place
- Rob Delaney (linked approvingly to Sarah Beattie’s tweet quoted above and said “It’s unwise to rush to judgement. Unless you’ve read something DICTATED to a COOKIE BLOGGER. Then, sing your song, internets!”)
- Michael Ian Black from “The State” etc. (replied to Kumail Nanjiani saying “What kind of rape? Straight-up rape or funny rape? Because he might think a funny rape was funny.”)
- Jesse Thorn of MaximumFun.org & Hodgman’s podcast (“It’s anyone’s right to be offended at a comedy show, but it’s important to comics to be able to try stuff, including trying to push limits.”) who’s also blocking anyone who @ replies him on the topic without any engagement
- alleged comedian Dan Dodge (@TheOnlyDanDodge, Twitter bio says “failed comic”) who personally made a rape threat almost identical to Tosh’s against me after some dudebro fan poked him to come comment
Reblogging myself to add nice white lady comic Chelsea Peretti to the list, whose succinct comment was “PRO TOSH BRO.” She tried to qualify that with saying there was some long explanation that couldn’t fit on Twitter. Whatever, Chelsea. (A couple of hours after that, she posted a photo of a fat black woman on a plane and called her Madea, so you know, not exactly an upstanding human being in any fashion.)
And also asking: how about the comics who are speaking out against this? I know of Jamie Kilstein, Hari Kondablu and Dave Holmes. Who else?
ALSO KNOWN AS: Comedians I am immediately boycotting, not that it’ll be that hard, because the people I’ve heard of on those lists I already thought were schmucks.
(Source: The Huffington Post)
I’m just gonna submit that, even though it’s a temporary side effects because blah blah adjusting dosage blah, having heightened anxiety as a result of your antidepressant kind of blows when you already have anxiety problems.
GUYS, WHAT IF MY HOUSE IS DESTROYED BY A TREE AND EVERYONE I LOVE DIES AND I HAVE A SEVERE, UNDIAGNOSED DISEASE AND I NEVER ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING WITH MY ALL-TOO-TRANSIENT LIFE
WHAT IF I GO TO BED AND THE WORLD STOPS SPINNING AND EVERYONE IS THROWN OFF THE SURFACE AND MY LAST THOUGHTS ARE “AW GEEZ, SHOULD’VE STAYED UP”
WHAT IF MY HAIR LOOKS KIND OF STUPID TOMORROW
WHAT IF MY BREAKFAST IS DISAPPOINTING
Unexpected conversations with my mother
- Me [about to explain how the Pitt community has been coming together]: So, Mama, have you ever heard of a website called Reddit?
- Mama: Oh, yeah! I was there last WEEK.